HERITAGE OF EBENEZER BIBLE CHAPEL
In the 1770's, a log church was built on a beautiful hillside in Warwick Township, northern Chester County, Pennsylvania. The church was situated on a tract of land that three neighboring farmers graciously donated. In 1843, a one room stone building replaced the log church. It was called Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church. Over the years, Ebenezer served its rural congregation and the community. The church was vacated by the Methodist Conference in the late 1940's and the building remained vacant for nine years.
The ministry of the present congregation began in March of 1957 when Pastor Elmer Stoltzfus was called to the ministry. A group of believers asked him to lead them, and the church was organized as a Mennonite church. As a matter of Biblical conviction, Ebenezer voted for its independence in 1969, and the church was renamed Ebenezer Bible Chapel (see Ebenezer in the Bible).
A new sanctuary adjoining the old structure was dedicated in 1967 to meet the needs of the growing congregation. The original church sanctuary was renovated in early 1972 into a two story educational building with classrooms and a large fellowship room. Helpful renovations have been completed in recent years to make the building accessible and comfortable.
Pastor Stoltzfus retired in 1978 after 21 years of faithful service. He was followed by Pastor Jonathan Ball who served for the next three years. Pastor Deane Boyd served the congregation from 1982 through 2015. Pastor Jim Carroll served the congregation for one year, 2016-2017. Visiting speakers brought God's Word through the remainder of 2017 and 2018 welcomed Interim Pastor Harry Fletcher through Interim Pastor Ministries as the church awaits the Lord's provision for a new pastor.
Activities include: Sunday School, Sunday Morning Worship, Sunday Morning Children's Ministry, Mid-week Prayer Meeting and Bible Study, Youth Group, Vacation Bible School and other opportunities in which to worship, serve, and grow in the Lord. Ebenezer Bible Chapel currently supports about 20 missionary outreaches around the globe.
Ebenezer Bible Chapel is a nondenominational Bible teaching church committed to the historic fundamentals of the Christian faith. (See Beliefs)
Historic Ebenezer Cemetery
Unfortunately, little information about the historic cemetery is available. Check with
the Tri County Heritage Society and also click on this FindaGrave web site for a listing of burials with photos of some grave markers.